LESSON 1: WHAT WORLD YOU LIKE TO DO WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Стр. 32, упр. 1
1. A good teacher has the class. — I think that a good teacher should be a good and complete person: curious, passionate, interested about their pupils' interests, wishes, feelings... A really good teacher should be child in his soul which mean, creative, imaginative and ready for exploration etc.
2. Most doctors are patient people. — They have nothing to do to be patient with their patients.
3. The professional farmer is outstanding in his field. — It is a person who is respected for his achievements.
4. There is no future in being historian. — The job of the historian is to help give people a sense of existence in time, without which we are really not fully human.
Стр. 32, ynp 1 b)
1. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart — composer.
2. Charles Dickens — writer.
3. Nelson Mandela — political leader.
4. Diego Maradona — footballer.
5. Charlie Chaplin — actor.
6. Salvador Dali — artist.
7. Tomas Alva Edison — scientist.
8. Niccol'o Paganini — musician.
9. Christopher Columbus — explorer.
Стр. 32, упр. 1 с)
William Shakespeare — play writer.Otto fon Bismarck — politician.
Albert Einstein — scientist.
Ivan Ivazovskiy — artist.
Marie Curie — scientist.
Jim Carrie — actor.
Стр. 32, упр. 2 a) b) c) Listening
Стр. 33, упр 3 a)
1. — D;
2. — F;
3. — A;
4. — B;
5. — C;
6. — E.
Стр. 33, упр 3 b)
1. — passion;
2. — purpose;
3. — follow parents' footsteps;
4. — unachievable;
5. — achieve;
6. — hands-on.
Стр. 33, упр. 4 a)
1. No, he doesn't. The speaker doesn't play for Barcelona.
2. The sentence above is closer in meaning 'I want to play for Barcelona'.
3. It is a hypothetical situation.
4. The speaker's wish is about the present.
5. We use wish + past simple to express that we want a situation in the present (or future) to be different.
I wish I spoke Italian. (I don't speak Italian.)
Future: I wish it was the weekend tomorrow. (It's only Thursday tomorrow.)
We use wish + past continuous to express that we want to be doing a different action in the present (or future).
I wish you weren't leaving tomorrow. (You are leaving tomorrow.) Wishes about the past
We use wish + past perfect to express a regret, or that we want a situation in the past to be different.
I wish I had studied harder at school. (I was lazy at school.) Wish + would
We use wish + would + bare infinitive to express impatience, annoyance or dissatisfaction with a present action.
I wish you would stop smoking. (You are smoking at the moment and it is annoying me.)
6. In our language the conjunctive mood is used. The grammatical structure is different in English.
Стр. 34 упр. 4 b)
Стр. 34 упр. 4 с)
I wish I had better mark in English because I deserve it. I wish I had better mark in Maths because I'm going to take the exam in Maths. I wish I could have a better mark in History because I like this subject a lot. I wish I were older because I feel myself independent and I want to start my own business to make a high profit.
Стр. 34 упр. 5
1. I have a strong passion for swimming and I've always focused on that.
2. I have a purpose in life like many other people.
3. I'd like to follow my parent's footstep and become an artist.
4. I think my goals are achievable.
5. To work hard and not to be lazy are the ways to achieve them.
6. I suppose that both hands-on activity and good academic qualification are good for a good career.