LESSON 2. BFW
Стр. 238 упр. 1
• It is an International event. It is organized annually. It is organized for the local designers who create the shape of contemporary Belarusian fashion scene.
• It is aimed at popularization of pr t-a-porter designer clothes in Belarus. It is important for Belarus to organize for drawing attention to the development of domestic fashion, as well as encouraging the development of the fashion industry as a whole.
• Once I visited this show.
Стр. 238 упр. 2 a)
1. terminology — the body of terms used with a particular technical application in a subject of study, theory, profession, etc.
2. fashion industry — a particular form or branch of economic or commercial activity.
3. pret-a-porter — designer clothes sold ready-to-wear.
4. on the runway — an incline or chute down which something slides or runs.
5. mass-market clothing — clothing that is sold out for a wide consummation.
6. commercial collection — collection of clothes for sold.
7. capsule collection — a limited collection of clothes.
8. accessories — articles that go with clothes.
9. haute couture — the designing and making of high-quality fashionable clothes by leading fashion houses, esp. to order.
Стр. 238 упр. 2b) Listening.
Стр. 241 упр. 5
The prefix — 'en' can help to make them into verbs.
Стр. 241 упр. 5b)
Enable, enroll, engage, enjoy.
Стр. 241 упр. 6
The sixth edition of the international professional and cultural event Belarus Fashion Week season Fall-Winter 2013/2014 will take place on April 23 — 28, 2013 in Minsk.
The official program of Belarus Fashion Week will consist of two runway areas — the main catwalk BFW (individual runway shows of designers) and OFF SCHEDULE project — created for young designers' runway shows and presentation of new brands.
In addition to the fashion shows at the main pavilion, the schedule of Belarus Fashion Week will include a number of official side-projects of the Organizing Committee BFW, such as the contest for young designers New Names BFW, educational program of Fashion Study Center, Fashion Blog Competition (a contest for fashion-bloggers and journalists) and a series of official receptions.
In the next season Belarus Fashion Week will continue cooperation with world leading fashion channel Fashion One (www.fashionone.com), with the design portal Design42day and international edition DEPESHA as well as with a number of professional editions such as COSMO.ru, ProFashion, FashionUnited, Fashion Report (Russia), ATELIER (Ukraine), ESH, Fashion Collection, Стиль Жизни, Belavia On Air, pro-fashion.by, pret-a-portal.by, Diva.by, Geometria.ru, Sexus, Belgazeta, Velvet.by, Interfax.by (Belarus),etc. The novelty of the upcoming season will become the collaboration with the Russian channel S TV (Sensation TV).
So, I recommend you not to miss such a grandious event!!!! See you.
Sincerely yours, Nataliya Balko